Tips for your warehouse, Picqer product updates and a look behind the scenes.
Launching Batches 2.0
At our Meet & Grill event it has become a tradition to launch new functionalities. This summer we have worked hard on Batches 2.0: faster and easier to process multiple picklists at once.
With the new batches we combined the best of combined picklists and singles to Picklists Batches. Now, we have more supervision, extra flexibility and the possibility to process batches paperless.
With singles you can swiftly pick pick lists that consist out of 1 product. With Batches 2.0, you can also make normal batches for picklists that contain multiple products.
This way, you can for example:
- Manually create batches with pick lists that you select - Change the appointed staff - Take a picklist out of a batch - See for which picklists you need to pick a product
And because of Picqer Mobile support and picking containers, you can pick single and normal batches completely paperless.
We expanded our support pages with detailed information about the new batches.
Do you have any questions about the new batches? Then we are always there to help.
One of the differentiating features of Picqer are the product compositions. Through this way you can sell sets of products that you easily collect during the picking process.
Product compositions are now fully accessible through the API.
To make a product composition, we have added the product type to the API. Now you can easily add new products as a product composition, but also convert a product from a usual to a product composition.
You can view and change the components of compositions through the API. Because of this you can manage all aspects of product compositions through the API. This is very easy for when you need to make a lot of product compositions.
View the documentation of the new API possibilities and try it out for yourself.
With this outstanding lovely weather we would like to update you with an overview of the updates that we have implemented.
Rules for ordering
The Rules that we’ve introduced in 2016 for picklists are a great success. We are now extending this functionality to placing orders.
With Rules you can, for example, choose a different template or switch off AutoSplit based on the conditions you specify.
Sometimes you still have to deliver a canceled order. Therefore we now made it possible to ‘un-cancel’ orders. Your order will reverse into a concept for you to complete later on.
To apply this feature go to an order -> click on More -> Undo cancellation.
Un-cancel webshop orders
Also, in webshops it may occur that an order which has been canceled, still needs to be delivered. For example for plugins from Pay.nl or MultiSafepay whom give clients the opportunity to pay after the first payment failed.
Picqer recognizes such orders in Magento 1, Magento 2 and WooCommerce and will reverse the cancellation in Picqer. This way you can safely use this option via your payment provider.
We have added 2 new reports. The first one is the 'Today' report in which you will see how many picklists and purchases you’ve processed and the remaining ones for you to complete. It is also possible to see how many picklists and purchases each user has processed. This gives you an overview of how it’s going any time during the day.
The second repport is Products received via purchase orders which gives you insight in which products you have received through purchasing over a certain period.
Location management is now expanded with location history. This gives you insight into each product and in which location it has been. It is also possible to see which products have been in a specific location in the past.
Locations can now be removed including all underlying locations. For example if you remove an entire rack or shelf.
- If you use Pakketpartner in combination with Bol.com, we pass on who the carrier is to Bol.com. Bol.com customers will automatically receive a track & trace link in there inbox.
- For B2C Europe we support 3 new products: Parcel Plus, Parcel Lite Large and Parcel Premium.
- Additionally we are working with PostNL on the transition to the new API Manager. You do not have to do anything yourself here. We ensure that you automatically switch to the new API Manager.
- When creating a picklist batch you can ignore singles.
- You can manually change the language of an order.
- We have made the picklist details page twice as fast.
- If you are looking for a product with a purchase order, you can now easily switch to products from all suppliers.
- Do your products in Lightspeed still not have a SKU? Than you can now specify a fallback such as the EAN code or the article number.
Do you have questions about any of these updates? [Let us know.](/en/ contact) We are happy to help you get the most out of these new possibilities.
Until now you could specify where a product is located in Picqer. But it is also nice to know what product should be be at a certain location and which locations are available to use.
That is why we are launching Locations.
Picqer Mobile version 1.10 is now available in the App Store. In this update we made a lot of small improvements.
This is what's new
These are the biggest improvements in version 1.10:
- Added search to purchase orders
- New Help & Suggestions screen directly from dashboard, so you can ask us questions easily
- Urgent picklists now shows the 'urgent' label in the overview
- Some design tweaks, like a new search bar, new progress bar and a simpler interface for the smallest warehouses
- In overview screens of products, picklists and purchases you now can see more than 100 items. As soon as you arrive at the bottom of your screen we will load the next 100 items
- If you do not have the rights to access purchase orders, we hide the menu item
- Fixed a few bugs with the barcode scanner